Str. Valea Nucetului, nr. 23, Urlaţi, jud. Prahova, România
Urlaţi is situated on the Wine Route and is part of a region rich in historical vestiges, surrounded by a natural scenery of remarkable beauty, specific to the viticultural region Dealu Mare.
Bellu Manor House
Bellu Manor House is an architectural monument, built in old Romanian architectonic style, mid XIXth century. It was baron Alexandru Bellu’s house, renowned photographer and ethnographer, whose uncle, Barbu Bellu, minister of Justice during the government of Domnitor Alexandru Ioan Cuza, donated the terrain for museum-cemetery Bellu of the capital. The museum shelters a mixed patrimony of plastic and decorative arts, XIXth century ethnography – columns and chapiters, door and window frames carved in stone from XVIIth and XVIIIth centuries, rare luxury edition books, XIXth century books, porcelain, furniture in the style of different epochs, oriental and extreme-oriental arts (Japanese vessels and prints, brass vessels, furniture, etc.), icons and weapons from XVIIIth and XIXth centuries.
In 2010, Bellu Museum Collection of Urlaţi was appreciated at national level, winning the prize for “the most beautiful museum exhibition” in the national ICOM contest (International Council of Museums).
Built in 1731 in Luieriu village of Reghin, Mureş county, this chapel is an architectural monument with a remarkable history, being relocated three times in its almost 3 centuries of existence.
In 1932, Luieriu village inhabitants gave the chapel as a gift to the royal family, and it was thus moved to Bran castle – Brasov county. In the spring of 1956, the chapel was reassembled at Cricov, among the ruins of the old stone-wall church of the hermitage, on whose altar a great, 400 year-old stone cross was set, brought from Dobrogea. Ambassador of Transylvanian art on Muntenia land, this chapel has a thaumaturgic icon of the Virgin Mary, brought from the Holy Grave.
This chapel is distinguished through the exquisite harmony of its proportions, as well as through the beauty of inner paintings, of great artistic value, made of two layers, the initial one dating as back as 1731, tempera-based painting, which maintained on the rood screen and the arch, and the second layer, on the lateral walls, dating from 1838, comprised of oil-based paintings.